Friday, April 27, 2018

How do you grow a succulent?

You do not know what a succulent is? No problem.

They are group of plants (more than 50 types) that store water in their leaves. The leaves look thick and may have slightly pointed end but their roots stay at the surface and do not go deep. They may be confused for cactus. They make easy to maintian plants that are grower friendly.

Here is a picture of one of them.

Actually we had one such plant and recently it died.



Driven by curiosity, I just took one of the leaves and it appeared to me that the leaf end had pinkish roots. The roots were small and I decided to stick the leaf into the soil and see what happens.

Lo and behold! the plant started growing.



Some of the leaves from the plant that died fell on the ground. I took some of them on the ground and stuck them in little pots. Well, well, they to started producing new plants. Who knows I may be in business!

No comments: