Tuesday, September 19, 2023

How trust worthy is AI?

 AI seems to be very promising. It is supposed to make a continental shift type of change. Has that time arrived, yet?

Health care professional, nutritionists, patients of all kinds seek information about what they eat. AI seems to be an ideal tool to get a summarized report of what can be eaten, by who. 

I tried to find about 'Ragi' also known as Finger Millet which has properties superior to rice for its energy and fiber content. I used the easily available Bing AI. I find it awfully lacking in the information it can find.

As I am concerned about diabetes control, I wanted to find nutrition information about 100 grams of Ragi flour.

Here is a picture of what Bing AI (on the right) thinks it is and what the web brings up (on the left).


This is by AI copied from the above:

I apologize for the confusion. You are correct, and I apologize for the incorrect information in my previous response. The values I provided for 10 grams of uncooked ragi powder were mistakenly repeated for 25 grams of uncooked ragi powder. Here are the correct values for 25 grams of uncooked ragi powder:

  • Carbohydrates: Around 0.89 grams.
  • Protein: Approximately 0.13 grams.
  • Potassium: Around 26.66 milligrams.
  • Cholesterol: Cholesterol is found only in animal products, so ragi powder does not contain any cholesterol.
  • Calories: The calorie content of 25 grams of uncooked ragi powder is not available in the search results I found.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous response. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

This is from the web page (Ragi Nutritional Value Per 100g, Finger Millet Health Benefits, Ragi Recipes, Ragi Flour Nutrition Facts | ParentCircle).

Ragi nutritional value (per 100g)

Energy  320kcal

Dietary fiber  11.18g

Total carbohydrate  66.82g

Total fat  1.92g

Protein  7.16g

Total folates  34.66mcg

Vitamin B1 (thiamin)  0.37mg

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)  0.17mg

Vitamin B3 (niacin)  1.34mg

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)  0.05mg

Vitamin K  0.9mcg

Calcium  364mg

Iron  4.62mg

Magnesium  146mg

Phosphorus   210mg

Potassium   443mg

Manganese   3.19mg

Zinc  2.53mg

These is a huge difference in carbohydrate value between these.


No comments: