Wednesday, October 18, 2017

What is the fix for the error message, 'Printer is offline'?

There could be many reasons for this error. I have a Canon MX430 series printer.
I could print earlier to this printer via Wi-Fi connection and probably after a Windows Update (usual suspect for something that breaks) I started getting the message, "Printer is offline". I know that the Printer is on and is connected to Wi-fi. Then what is the problem. The device troubleshooter in Windows 10 Professional could not fix it.

I tried to add the printer and to my dismay, I could not find the printer to add.
Then I tried to manually install following these steps.



Voila, I regained by ability to print to this printer. Do you know what? The Add Printer dialog find a networked printer. I am not what the code behind this search printers.
 

No comments: