Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Is there a work around for the two-factor verification problem?

 Yes, there is a way. It can be done with the help of your communication provider. There could be differences between communication providers. My communication provider is T-Mobil.

The problem for which this work around is suggested:

You have provided protection to your online account (may be a bank or an organization). In my case several of the institutions, IRS, United Health Care, Social Security, couple of banks, online services such as Microsoft, etc.)

In doing so, you provided a telephone number that you can access by voice or messaging. The institution may contact you using your email address. 

Problem...

Now for some reason you lost your phone and you have no access. You went ahead and changed your phone (with it your phone number). In my case, my identity was hacked and I went around and changed all my identity markers.

This has created a huge problem. Your two-factor does not work because the voice and messaging is looking for a phone number that does not exist. You are orphaned.

I fixed most of the problems but one. I went to each of the institutions by hours and hours of telephone calls, messaging and writing letters.

Most of them were fixed but not the business account with Microsoft. This has been a nightmare as I have explained in previous posts. I do not know how to fix the Microsoft's Office 365 Business Account's password.

The work around:

You could ask your communication provider to allow phone calls/messages from your old number to your new phone number. If it is within 90 days of changing a phone number you can do this, if your carrier is T-Mobil. 

I am not sure of others.

It did not work for me as it was more than 90 days ago I changed my number.

https://hodentekhelp.blogspot.com/2023/07/what-is-first-thing-you-should-do-if.html

https://hodentekhelp.blogspot.com/2023/08/identity-theft-and-two-factor.html

No comments: