Saturday, March 12, 2022

Are you unable to connect to the SQL Server Configuration Manager?

 This could happen sometimes even if you have SQL Server installed on your computer (or laptop). Normally on Windows 10, you should see this in the Server Folder shown here.



You can see I do not have SQL Server Configuration Manager. I have two other versions also.  

This problem crops up from time to time because SQL Server Configuration Manager is part of the Microsoft Management Console add-in.

Details to bring it up are described here for SQL Server 2016 I was using one time.


Following the above, I can see all my different SQL Server Configuration Managers here:


Also, You can search for it using SQLServerManager11.msc in the Windows 10 Search as shown:


BTW, my blog "http://hodentekMSSS.blogspot.com " is basically created for Microsoft SQL Server related topics

If you want to know how to open "MMC" read here:



No comments: