Thursday, April 27, 2023

Why my Windows 10 (x64) Dell Laptop cannot be upgraded to Windows 11?

It is often not possible to foresee the desirable features of a laptop you want to buy. This is true since the software and hardware turnover is fast. Given the innumerable option range in software and hardware, your choice is not easy.

I assumed that I could easily upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 without sweat. For a time, I faced a problem updating the Windows 10 by running Windows Update and then try upgrading to Windows 11.

The problems with the Windows Update were finally resolved. I then tried to update. At first, I tried to run the Windows PC Health Check which would give me some information as to whether or not I could upgrade to Windows 11.

Here's what I found using Windows PC Health Check



My processor does not meet the requirements. Clearly I need to buy a computer.





No comments: