Friday, July 13, 2018

How come my Microsoft Lumia 950 not recognized by the File Explorer?

It has been quite strange the way Windows 10 works.

Few days ago Windows 10 was updated to Insider Preview Build 17692.rs_prerelease-flt.180625-1624 and now I cannot see my Microsoft Lumia 950 connected to the USB (there are three on this laptop) in the file explorer.

It is strange that I can connect to Flash Drives and WD's My Passport 1 TB drive connected to the USB drives.

Even stranger is, the fact that I can deploy UWP (Universal Windows Platform) projects from Visual Studio Community 2017 to the Microsoft Lumia 950 connected to the USB Drive.

I have done a hardware troubleshooting and restarted the laptop.

Still no good.

If I find a fix I will psot here for those who may hit the same wall.

No comments: